30 Apr Pledge 1% Colorado Pitch Contest Announces 2019 Finalists
As we near the 10th anniversary of Boulder Startup Week (May 13-17) – a free, week-long event celebrating the incredible entrepreneurial community in Boulder – we’re thrilled to announce an awesome lineup of innovative and impactful nonprofits slated to make their pitches at the third annual Pledge 1% Colorado Non-profit Pitch Competition, brought to you by Pledge 1% Colorado and your Community Foundation Boulder County.
Glider, the Boulder Startup Week parent organization, was started with the mission to foster meaningful connections. Radical inclusion is integral to that mission, and it’s woven into our DNA. We believe it’s the path to genuine, meaningful relationships. That’s why every single event we create will be open to all.
Aligned with Glider’s focus on inclusion this year, we’ve narrowed down our list of participating nonprofits, all of which focus on breaking down barriers for marginalized or under-resourced communities across Boulder County.
Please join us in congratulating this year’s finalists:
- Bridge House provides a range of programs and services to help adults experiencing homeless access the resources they need for a better future.
- Garden to Table is committed to using experiential gardens as a teaching tool to educate children about the benefits of healthy eating and environmental stewardship.
- Out Boulder educates, advocates, and provides services, programs, and support for Boulder County’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities.
- The Family Learning Center provides lifelong learning skills that lead to economic self-sufficiency to children and families of limited incomes, in an environment where families feel nurtured, respected, and empowered.
- Women’s Wilderness cultivates courage, confidence, connection, and environmental stewardship among girls, women, and the LGBTQ2+ community through year-round outdoor immersions across the West.
In conjunction with this event, we’ll be hosting a happy hour at eTown ahead of the competition with the Boulder Chamber’s Bolder Young Professionals network. Click here to learn more about the happy hour, which starts at 5 p.m.
We’re looking forward to another great event, and we look forward to seeing you at eTown on May 14!