09 Jun Pledge 1% Colorado is searching for our next Director
Help us find our new Director! All interested applicants should apply by July 12th, 2021.
Pledge 1% Colorado (“Pledge”) is on a mission to make it simple for innovative companies across the state to give back to their communities. The Director’s high- level duty is to further develop the Pledge 1% Colorado platform to make giving accessible to any company. The Director will be tasked with executing a strategy across the following categories:
- Business Development/Partnerships and Account Management (recruit new member companies)
- Fundraising (raise capital to fund operations)
- Marketing/Community Engagement (communicate regularly with members and promote the Pledge 1% Colorado brand)
- Finance/Operations/Administration (run day-to-day operations of the organization)
- Stakeholder and Advisory Board Engagement (various groups who are invested in Pledge’s success)
About Pledge 1% Colorado:
Pledge 1% Colorado seeks to change the world through inspiring early-stage corporate philanthropy. Pledge 1% Colorado is a platform for Colorado entrepreneurs who share a common commitment to giving back to their communities. Members pledge 1% of equity, annual profits, employee time, or company product to nonprofits of their choosing.
Since its first member exit in 2008, Pledge 1% Colorado’s network has helped generate more than $11 million in community funding for nonprofits and hundreds of hours of volunteer service.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Business Development/Partnerships – 50%
- Recruit and support innovative companies in pledging 1% of their resources
- Implement a sales process in partnership with the advisory board’s development committee
- Expand on member engagement opportunities from volunteerism to educational resources
- Identify partnership opportunities with like-minded business networks in Colorado
Marketing/Community Engagement – 20%
- Create a marketing plan for sharing member stories, important updates, and opportunities
- Maintain regular email communications with the member network
- Raise awareness of the importance of philanthropy and corporate social responsibility within the Colorado startup community by positioning Pledge 1% Colorado as the field leader
- Find opportunities to participate in community events to help with brand exposure, i.e., attending and leading events or speaking at Boulder/Denver/Other Colorado Startup Weeks and other startup community events
Fundraising – 10%
- Explore opportunities to deepen relationships with our current funders
- Build out sponsorship base by identifying new ecosystem partners
- Develop strategies for finding additional grant funding
Finance/Operations/Administration – 10%
- Oversee the financial management of the program including fundraising, expenses, and grants in coordination with Community Foundation Boulder County’s CFO
- Maintain database of members, prospective members, and supporters
- Manage recordkeeping and execution of all member company’s pledged and gifted security instruments
Stakeholder and Advisory Board Engagement – 10%
- Run advisory board meetings every six weeks with support from the board chair
- Continue to work on strategies developed by board committees
- Develop regular cadence for check-ins with community foundation funders
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four to five years of work experience including project management experience in a nonprofit organization, corporate social responsibility role, or entrepreneurial setting. Work with boards, volunteer coordination, and sales/business development experience is a plus. The director will work in both Boulder and Denver to perform tasks of position. Benefits include EcoPass and flexible workspace.
Skills and Competencies
The successful candidate:
- Is an enthusiastic self-starter seeking professional growth bridging the startup and nonprofit sectors
- Has an understanding of the various working definitions of equity, specifically social and financial
- Has demonstrated leadership abilities and is resourceful
- Can develop and execute on a multi-faceted work plan
- Can think strategically and work in a collaborative manner with the various Pledge 1% constituencies
- Can represent Pledge 1% in the community to increase the organization’s visibility and recognition
- Has excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Has integrity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor
- Is a “people” person capable of leading, managing, and inspiring a diverse group of successful, entrepreneurial individuals
This is a full-time position (100% FTE) or 40 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $90,000 based on experience and qualification. CFBC offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, retirement contribution and match, EcoPass, and Limited Health Reimbursement Account (employer funding of $2,000 per year).
How to apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in a single-file PDF to Hannah@commfound.org with the subject line “Pledge 1% Colorado Director.” Applications should be submitted by 5 p.m. July 12th, 2021. No calls please.
The program is housed and staffed by the Community Foundation Boulder County and works in close partnership with The Denver Foundation and Rose Community Foundation. It also works in collaboration with the global Pledge 1% organization. This position reports to the Vice President of Philanthropic Services at the Community Foundation Boulder County (“CFBC”) and a volunteer advisory board comprised of founders, investors, and service providers from the startup community.
Community Foundation Boulder County is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by state or local law.
Community Foundation Boulder County practices and champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our community. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.